Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Tearsheets | Media Kit | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

ORDA: Heater malfunction prompted evacuation (update)

February 28, 2013
By CHRIS MORRIS - Staff Writer (cmorris@adirondackdailyenterprise.com) , Adirondack Daily Enterprise

LAKE PLACID - A heating unit on the Conference Center at Lake Placid's roof malfunctioned this morning, prompting a brief evacuation of the Main Street building.

The Lake Placid Volunteer Fire Department was called to the Conference Center, which is operated by the state Olympic Regional Development Authority, following reports of fumes at the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism and Lake Placid Convention and Visitors Bureau.

ORDA spokesman Jon Lundin told the Enterprise that firefighters traced the source of the fumes to a heating unit on the Main Street side of the Conference Center's roof.

"We've shut that down," he said. "Employees are back in the building."

Lundin said firefighters used fans to blow the fumes out of the building.

Traffic was diverted away from the Conference Center during the incident. Lundin said ORDA plans to repair the heater.

Article Map

---

Contact Chris Morris at 891-2600 ext. 25 or cmorris@adirondackdailyenterprise.com.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web